Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP
Embrace the future of cloud storage with Cleondris, the pioneer in Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP solutions. Dive into unparalleled data management, fortified with the elite performance, protection, and efficiency of NetApp ONTAP - now on the Amazon FSx platform.
Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP is the blockbuster release from AWS - the convenience of Amazon FSx is now combined with the proven data management capabilities of NetApp ONTAP software. The NetApp ONTAP product family is known for its high performance, data protection, and efficiency. With the introduction of AWS FSx for ONTAP, these capabilities are now available on the Amazon FSx platform - and Cleondris supports AWS FSx for ONTAP from day one!
If you are looking for the best NAS data management and cybersecurity solutions available for Amazon FSx for ONTAP, you should contact Cleondris. By supporting Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP in our solutions, we offer our customers the best of both worlds: Leveraging on-premises capabilities in the cloud with a fully managed NAS service.
At Cleondris, we offer the following features for Amazon NetApp FSx from day one:
- File Catalog (SnapDiff): Cleondris for Amazon NetApp FSx offers a File Catalog feature, utilizing SnapDiff, which is a NetApp API that allows for efficient identification of changed files, enabling quick and resource-saving backup and recovery operations.
- Ransomware Protection (FPolicy): The Ransomware Protection feature in Cleondris uses FPolicy, a file screening technology that helps prevent unauthorized access and changes to files, offering an essential security layer against ransomware attacks.
- Backup & Restore (NAS & VMware): Cleondris provides comprehensive Backup and Differential Restore capabilities for both NAS and VMware environments, ensuring data safety and availability by allowing users to recover their data in case of loss or corruption quickly.
- File Access Auditing (EVTX + Blockchain): The File Access Auditing feature employs EVTX or the proprietary Blockchain technology that creates a secure, immutable file access record, providing enhanced transparency and security for data access events.
New to Amazon FSx for ONTAP?
Amazon FSx for ONTAP is a new feature that provides NAS data management capabilities in the AWS cloud, combining the benefits of block and file storage into one solution. This means enterprises can extend their NAS appliances on-premises to AWS simply as they are used to with NetApp.
With Cleondris and Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP, you can use your on-premise cloud capabilities. Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP provides high availability and consistency by automatically replicating data across multiple Availability Zones and supports data replication and backups across AWS regions for even more excellent resiliency. With Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP, customers can now take advantage of NetApp ONTAP as a fully managed service in the cloud for the first time - and of course, use the established Cleondris add-on functionalities for NetApp ONTAP.
With full support for NetApp ONTAP SnapMirror and SnapVault, Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP enables NetApp & Cleondris customers to seamlessly replicate their data from the enterprise to the AWS cloud, improving their ability to protect and recover data and applications without changing their application code or management automation.
Cleondris - the ONTAP Experts
Cleondris has been developing backup & recovery software for Data ONTAP since 2010 and is the first NetApp partner that has announced and fully supports the new Amazon FSx functionality. We add value to ONTAP - on-prem, in hybrid environments as well as in the Cloud.
How can I try Cleondris with Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP?
To perform a proof-of-concept (POC) test with Cleondris and Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP, you need the following:
- At least one Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP filesystem (an AWS "filesystem" behaves similarly as a classic ONTAP cluster)
- If you want to access your FSx instance from on-prem, an AWS site-to-site VPN plus an AWS Transit Gateway
- A running instance of a Cleondris appliance - either on-prem or in the Cloud
- A demo license for the Cleondris software - please contact our Sales team ([email protected])